Sunday, July 01, 2012

Blessed


 There is nothing more humbling than chaos in your life.  Or debilitating sadness.  Starting over after so long with so little faith in yourself.  Or regret.  

But today there was sunshine and hope, and I made a list of things I have to be thankful for.... 

I'll share it with you.  :)







1. I'm cancer free and alive and able to do things I've always dreamed of.

2. I have an amazing group of friends that keep me sane and happy.

3. I have the best dog on Earth. Sounds silly, but it's true.  And it is practically IMPOSSIBLE to be sad around her. 

4. I have food, a car, a place to live, and clothes to wear. 

5. I am in very little pain these days and am almost completely off pain meds. 

6. The people in my life that love me TRULY love me.  They bless me with their love. 


7. I have wonderful doctors that I love and trust.

8. I am able to support myself.

9. I love my job.

10. I wasn't happy before, and I made difficult, painful decisions to do things so that I could be happy.  I am happier today.  I am building a life I can be proud of.  




-MM

5 comments:

faye said...

namaste

Eris Ember said...

Hi!
I've been following your blog for a while, I too am a melanoma survivor stage 3, diagnosed at 27. did interferon and finished the year of it and all the hell that comes with it. I admire your strength and conviction, thank you for writing. I am an anti-tanning activist and work with local melanoma awareness groups here in Edmonton, I intend to keep reading your blog, and just have to say I understand and know how it feels to have that fear, but also know how much more we appreciate our lives because of our experience with this disease.
Keep writing and not just surviving, thriving!!!

joanlvh said...

so many thumbs up for Lori, you r the best!

jessica said...

I also made a list - I too need to remember that my glass if half full. You can be who you want to be - I believe in you!!!

PS. My dog is my best friend too =)

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

i2y

I'm Too Young For This!